Our weather here in lovely Michigan has been ghastly cold. Although, I must admit that the other day it was just a little above freezing. Yea...a heat wave!
I've been very tired of late and have been letting things in the household get a little out of control. This weekend, Tommy and I took the bull by the horns and began straightening things up a bit. It looks much better and we feel better too.
In between bouts of cleanings, we spent our time veggin' out to movies and reading. We finished reading The Spiderwick Chronicles and have moved on to Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles. Tommy just loves it when I read to him. It's a special time for both of us. One of the movies we viewed this weekend was, of course, The Spiderwick Chronicles. That was great fun to watch because we could compare and contrast the book to the movie. By the way, in case you didn't know, they are VERY different. Each one has it's strength and weaknesses. We like them both for different reasons.
Our movie viewing weekend also included Horton Hears a Who, Night at the Museum, Far From Home, Ice Age and Jumanji. Yep, that's right. We really did veg out. We watched all of the movies on my laptop, snuggled up on our bed. It began Friday night and didn't end until 8:00 p.m. this evening. We ate our dinner and/or had snacks with each movie. I'm sure that there is carmel on my comforter, not to mention pizza sauce. But who cares? We had fun and I can always wash the duvet cover. Casey kept her diligent post at the foot of the bed during our vigil. I think she was hoping for leftovers.
Tommy needs a little help with spelling, so we practiced his spelling words for this week. His test is tomorrow. He hates doing school work and the amount of conjoling it takes to complete the work leaves me competely drained. They (who ever "they" are) are right when they say that you don't have the stamina when you're an older Mother. This kid just wears me out. He has ever since he was born. I can only imagine what he will be like as a teenager.
At least we are all set for the morning. Clothes are laid out, lunch is made, all school forms have been filled out and his backpack is ready. That always makes the day begin on a much smoother note.
Friday, August 17, 2007
- Each evening, you will notice that I give thanks for being healthy. Having good health is something that most of us have taken for granted at one time or another, however there is no guarantee that we will always have good health. Therefore, today I am grateful for a healthy body.
- I spent an enjoyable day with Tommy. We just ran errands...nothing special, but it's always fun to spend time with the mind of a four (soon to be 5) year old.
- Today was a beautiful sunny, windy day. It was perfect summer weather.
- I am thankful for sticking to my exercise program. I feel so much better when I exercise.
- This evening we had wonderful healthy food for dinner. I am thankful for the means to be able to purchase organic foods.
- I give thanks for our family website. It keeps me in touch with all of the people that I love.